Cannabidiol is an phytocannabinoid extracted from the leaves of cannabis. It is also one of the component along with the tetrahydrocannabinol and constitutes of the forty percent of the total extracts. It is well known for its natural remedy that is used for common ailments. This is not a psychoactive and this feature makes it to use for the relief of pain and it also cure other symptoms that are cured with the marijuana without having any effects on the mind. Now it can be used as cbd for dogs to treat various problems in the dogs.
How it works in the dogs?
- Though it has any clinical evidence what actually it does to the dogs but there are some theories that will explain about its effect on the nervous system. cbd for dogs acts on the both nervous systems of the dog i.e. central and peripheral nervous systems.
- With action on the both the nervous system it helps in the maintenance of the balance in the body. Thus it will keep the dog in healthy state. It will mainly used to treat the pain which is more related to nervous system.
- By relieving the pain in the nervous system there are chances of reducing seizures in the dogs. Seizures are the most common thing that arrive when the nervous system is affected. It has anti inflammatory properties so that it is used to reduce the inflammation that has occurred due to various reasons.
- As it is acting on both the nervous systems it will also helps us to treat the anti anxiety effects. It also has various health benefits like it can be used for possible anticancer effects. It will also show some effect on the cardiac illness. While using this drug you have to be very cautious about the drug dosage and over dosage of the drug will produce several side effects.
- The most common side effects that will encounter while using this drug is dry mouth. Dry mouth is a serious complication than we expect as the mouth is the entry point for anything to enter into mouth. If the mouth is dry the viruses that enter will grow in mouth itself and cause various severe problems.
As dogs wont express their feelings like humans you have to take care about their health and needs of the dogs.