Coronaviruses are a type of virus that can cause respiratory disease in humans. They are nicknamed “corona” because the virus’s surface has crown-like spikes. Coronaviruses that cause sickness in humans include severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS), and the common cold. How long should I self-isolate if I have a positive coronavirus test? According to current CDC recommendations, you should self-isolate until you meet both of the following criteria with COVID-19 testing at ARCpoint Labs of Ft. Myers:
- It is been five days since your symptoms began, and they’re getting better.
- You haven’t had a fever in the last 24 hours, and you haven’t taken any fever-reducing medications during that period.
- Self-isolate in a separate room of your home if possible to limit interaction with other family members when at home. If you can’t be completely isolated in a separate room, keep 6 feet away from others and wear a cloth mask, wash your family members’ hands frequently, and disinfect commonly touched objects and shared places.
- You do not need to be retested following your period of self-isolation. However, because each case is unique, you should follow your healthcare provider’s suggestions for testing.
- If you have a weaker immune system or have had a severe case of COVID-19, the CDC’s guidelines do not apply to you. You may need to stay at home for up to 20 days after your symptoms first occur. Discuss your condition with your doctor. If you have minor COVID-19 symptoms, you should be able to manage your health at home. Follow these hints:
- If you have a fever, drink enough of fluids water is preferable, get plenty of rest, and take acetaminophen.
If you have a cough you can test COVID-19 testing at ARCpoint Labs of Ft. Myers, or lie on your side or sit up do not lie on your back. Add a teaspoon of honey to your hot tea or hot water. Gargle with salt water. Call your healthcare practitioner for information also allow a friend or family member to pick up any medications that are required. You must stay at home.